PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Do you attend craft beer events just to sit in the corner and observe events in action, secretly wishing it was you that was orchestrating all of the fun? We know you do. We’ve seen you. It’s kinda creepy. You should probably just make it your job at this point. First, read through the following details of what we’re looking for in an Events Coordinator and shoot us your resume and cover letter if you think you’re the one!
The Events Coordinator for Swamp Head Brewery (SHB) will work with and report to the Owner/Operator. They will be required and expected to manage and perform the following tasks:
General Duties and Responsibilities as the Events Coordinator:
- Must enjoy beer and the culture of beer
- Willing to always look for ways to improve the Swamp Head culture and brand
- Develop, plan, promote and execute unique and entertaining events both in our tasting room and around North-Central Florida. Coordinate with the Tasting Room and Marketing Managers as well as the Director of Operations to assist in the promotion and execution of these events
- Act as the point of contact for businesses and organizations to book their event at Swamp Head. Reserve the space, communicate our capabilities, limits and contribution (if applicable), and attend to all of their requests and needs
- Ensure that customer requirements and specifications are adhered to and that events run smoothly, efficiently, and profitably
- Brainstorm new ideas for events to increase the liveliness of The Wetlands
- Help maintain a company-wide calendar of events and frequently communicating with the different areas of the brewery so as to keep all events on task
- Ensure that customer leads and communication are maintained accurately and in a timely manner. Continually reach out to business and organizations that we have previously partnered with to see if there are any new opportunities for future partnerships and/or events
- Regularly review all Swamp Head events to determine if they are worth continuing in the future. This includes keeping detailed follow up notes after each event as to the logistics, organization and attendance of each event.
- Be on site for all events and manage a group of employees or volunteers for set up and break down
- Develop, plan, promote and execute unique and entertaining events in the surrounding community that promote Swamp Head’s values and mission
- Continually reach out to new businesses and organizations, presenting possible partnership opportunities and the benefits of our amenities
Abilities and Skills
- Extremely strong organizational skills is a must
- Minimum two years customer service oriented experience
- Minimum one year prior event coordination experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to speak comfortably in front of a group of up to 150 people about Swamp Head and our products
- Able to effectively manage time
- Able to work flexible hours in accordance to the even schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Able to multi-task while being detail and quality focused
- Able to lift minimum of 50lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Must be responsible and dependable
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- General computer proficiency
SHB is committed to designing and creating the best beers possible while practicing both social and economical responsibility. The beers need not always conform to traditional styles or procedures so long as they help raise the benchmark for craft beer and SHB.