Swamp Head Ambassador – Gainesville
General Duties and Responsibilities as the Gainesville Area Sales Representative
- Must enjoy beer and the culture of beer.
- Will always be on the lookout for ways to improve the Swamp Head culture and brand.
- Act as a liaison to all distributors, communicating pertinent information and outlining SwampHead’s goals.
- Communicate with distributors and target their high volume accounts, especially those that are not already buying Swamp Head beer.
- Present comprehensive and complete Swamp Head product knowledge by use of first hand information and sales sheets.
- Perform regular ride-alongs with distributor reps and supervisors.
- Plan out a daily route sheet to help increase efficiency by being properly prepared.
- Travel throughout Swamp Head sales territory to call upon both on- and off-premise accounts, soliciting sales and fostering new relationships.
- Monitor inventory levels being kept by distributors and track industry trends. Be able to readily know what is for sale by the distributor.
- Present and sell new products to accounts, consumers and distributors.
- Schedule, plan, market, and attend on-premise and off-premise special events. This will include but not be limited to tastings, tap takeovers, beer events, and other types of creativepromotional special events.
- Teach beer seminars to help educate both customers, consumers, and distributor reps.
- Place and install POS and signage in accounts when/if needed or required.
- Encourage accounts to use Swamp Head POS to help sell more SHB beer.
- Retrieve Swamp Head POS that is not being used at accounts, or that is being used at accounts that are not supporting the Swamp Head brand.
- Keep vehicle stocked with appropriate POS items to support SHB product line.
- Maintain, foster and grow relationships with key people at bars, restaurants and package stores within our market.
- Develop and implement a cohesive strategy for growth in on-premise accounts, increasing the number of core brand draft lines in Swamp Head’s market.
- Schedule and perform regular market audits for all Swamp Head accounts.
- Maintain proper rotation of stock in visited accounts, and educate distributor reps on the proper rotation and dating policy of SHB.
- Collect, analyze and organize sales data into a consolidated monthly report (or up to date report) to be presented to distributors and SHB management.
- Communicate regularly with off-premise accounts so as to establish relationships for future launch of package products.
- Manage an expense account for promotion and relationship development purposes.
- Complete monthly and quarterly objectives (MBOs) and recap the results within two weeks of the previous quarters end.
- Foster and maintain the development of Swamp Head’s brand in the marketplace. This may include but is not limited to: making sure all branding materials have accurate colors and fonts, ensuring proper pricing and signage of products, all tap handles are correctly displayed at all accounts, and proper marketing and signage is displayed in strategic locations for any and all events, appropriate POS placement etc.
Swamp Head’s Gainesville Area Sales Representative will report to the Sales Director, and must have experience in the beer industry. Ideal experience would be in selling beer at a distributor level.