Plumbing, mechanics, woodworking, electric work, you fix it. It’s what you do. Well hear this, we plan on giving you beer AND money. Check out what you would be doing if you join our team, fix up that application and send it over.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the maintenance department team
• Develop and maintain preventative maintenance, monitoring and record keeping programs for Brewing, Packaging, WWTP and Support equipment for entire facility.
• Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all equipment through routine maintenance and inspections during all operating hours and on-call basis when off-site.
• Identify constraints in the production process and work to identify and implement possible solutions
• Make recommendations for necessary spare parts and back-up equipment for efficient performance.
• Assist packaging staff with troubleshooting the bottling process to ensure quality packaged beer.
• Assist production staff with troubleshooting the brewing process to ensure a high quality product
• Create and maintain a running maintenance log for departmental reference and review.
• Establish annual budget for the Maintenance Department.
• Purchase and maintain adequate spare parts and supplies to ensure efficient operations.
• Maintain facility appearance.
• Acquire quotes for building projects and perform minor repair to the facility
• Garbage maintenance: work with vendors and employees to ensure brewery cleanliness of rubbish and organized dumpster areas.
• Grounds maintenance: coordinate and supervise vendors for lawn maintenance and snow removal.
• Perform any necessary simple plumbing repairs and installs.
• Perform routine forklift and material handling maintenance and servicing. Arrange any major repairs with vendors.
• Maintain sufficient inventory of expendable utilities for continuous site operations.
• Communicate all information to the respective managers of any deviations that reflect their departments.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong mechanical, electrical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC’s a plus
• Basic plumbing skills.
• Strong alignment to company culture and values
• Willingness to work nights and weekends
• Self-motivation and ability to work independently and with limited direction
• Ability to collaborate and work well with management, peers and across functions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with Process Equipment (pumps/motors, valves, heat exchangers, refrigeration systems, pneumatic/compressed air systems, steam generation systems).
SHB is committed to designing and creating the best beers possible while practicing both social and economic responsibility. The beers need not always conform to traditional styles or procedures so long as they help raise the benchmark for craft beer and SHB.
Please apply to this position by emailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Link to other job postings: https://swamphead.com/our-