PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Do you accidentally start organizing the entire house after a beer or two? Is your beer cellar organized by style, brewery, date cellared, store purchased from, proposed drink date, and fifteen other criteria? Do you just love to talk with people and tell them the story of amazing places near and far, like the Gainesville brewery, Swamp Head. Your ears are probably burning, because we’re talking about you. Read a little more, and see if you think you may actually be the one. This position is likely to be part-time with the opportunity to grow into a full-time member of our team.
As the Receptionist/Office Assistant for Swamp Head Brewery (SHB) you will work with and report to the Owner/Operator. They will be required and expected to manage and perform the following tasks:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them warmly and answering or referring inquiries with an exceptional level of customer service. Act as a barrier between visitors and staff, keeping solicitation to a minimum
- Manage AR/AP and data entry into QB and create invoices in QB
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls appropriately with an exceptional level of customer service
- Coordinate mail flow in and out of office, including creating shipping labels and following the correct PO system protocols
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
- Manage employee files by collecting new hire paperwork and adding any new forms or documentation to existing employee files
- Ensure that new employees receive and review the Swamp Head Employee manual. Communicate new policies and procedures to the entire staff
- Keep an updated list of current employees and their contact information
Office Assistant Duties:
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
- Maintains office equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring office equipment operation
- Maintains office schedule by picking-up and delivering items using automobile
- Serves customers by acting as receptionist; answering questions; forwarding messages; confirming customer orders; keeping customers informed of order status.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Abilities and Skills:
- Minimum two years customer service oriented experience
- Minimum one years experience bookkeeping or related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to effectively manage time
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Must be responsible and dependable
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office and QuickBooks 2014
- Inventory Management within POS
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- Proficient in Google Docs
SHB is committed to designing and creating the best beers possible while practicing both social and economical responsibility. The beers need not always conform to traditional styles or procedures so long as they help raise the benchmark for craft beer and SHB.