Swamp Head Sales Manager
To achieve budgeted financial, volume, distributor execution, and sales team results in thestate of Florida via effective Business Management, Distributor Collaboration, and PeopleDevelopment. The newest member of our growing team will work at our brewery in Gainesville, FL and will help us spread the Swamp Head love throughout Gainesville and beyond. Our hometown of Gainesville, FL is a progressive college town with an abundance of outdoor activities and young families. We are a short drive to some of our favorite outdoor spots, including springs, rivers, lakes and beaches.
Swamp Head is a young, rapidly growing company and we want you to join us on this journey of beer creation!We’re looking for someone with 2-4 years of experience at a beer supplier or wholesaler.
We’re looking for someone with 2-4 years of experience at a beer supplier or wholesaler.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
Responsible for managing all sales activities and financial results for Florida via
building effective market plans, monitoring results, and communicating with distributor
partners, retail partners, and brewery team members.
- Planning and Financial: Sets and monitors results for all budgets for Florida covering volume, revenue, and sales team expenses. Holds sales team accountable to expense guidelines and approves team expense reports.
- Reporting: Reports, to management, periodically as needed on the following metrics:
- Budget tracking
- Market depletion trends as monitored regularly in VIP
- Distributor execution results vs. calendar objectives
- Anecdotal market results
- Special initiative results (seasonal/special item allocations, field quality/pricing/execution surveys, crew drives)
- Communication: Acts as main liaison between sales department and brewing, operations, and chains departments.
- Market Ethics and Legal: Acts professionally at all times, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids ‘gray area’ sales tactics. Knows local alcoholic beverage laws in operating detail.
- Core Deliverables:
- Ongoing, detailed review and knowledge of all data results to include IRI, VIP, financials, team execution, and distributor results vs. Annual Market Plan objectives.
- Weekly meeting with management.
Acts as the primary manager and ultimate authority for all distributor relationships in
- Annual Market Plan: Creates an Annual Market Plan with all distributors that includes a review of previous results, a brewery branding plan for the upcoming year, program plans, agreed-upon execution objectives, budget, and an overall execution calendar for the upcoming year. Presents the Annual Business Plan to each distributor partner with help of local salesperson.
- Business Reviews: Executes Business Reviews, with frequency set by MANAGEMENT, with distributors to monitor progress toward goals and solidify or update initiatives.
- Distributor Knowledge: Has detailed working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, go-to- market system, and contract. Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Inventory: Monitors distributor inventories and orders.
- Core Deliverables:
- Distributor visits with frequency determined by management.
- Create and deliver an Annual Market Plan for all Florida wholesalers.
- Conduct 2+ business reviews with all Florida wholesalers annually.
- Execute surveys (pricing, execution, or special projects) 2+ times per year at each Florida wholesaler.
Leads, manages, and develops the Region’s field sales team toward achievement of
market and individual sales and skill development goals.
- Team Leadership and Development: Sets focus areas and specific execution goals with regional sales team that align with distributor goals as well as develop volume deeper in the portfolio. Holds monthly sales meetings/calls with regional team and holds one or more region retreats per year.
- Field Coaching: consistently spends time with sales reps in the field either selling as a team or working specifically on skill development to enhance reps’ skills in:
- Selling Skills: Probing, Listening, Objection Handling, Closing, Business Math
- Education: executing distributor and waitstaff educations, tastings, events
- Quality & Troubleshooting: solving field package and draft problems.
- Performance and Results: Conducts Annual Performance Reviews for reps, regularly monitors rep performance, and has formal periodic results and skill review conversations with written follow up.
- Core Deliverables:
- Weekly phone meetings with SHB Sales & Marketing reps to monitor results and assist.
- Quarterly market visits with a scheduled Skill Development Day with each rep.
- Semiannual Performance Development Plan progress discussions.
- Attend 1+ Region Meeting
- One Annual Performance Review with each rep.
Abilities and Skills
- Able to safely operate a forklift
- Able to effectively manage time
- Able to stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Able to multi-task while being detail and quality focused
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Must have the ability to read and understand a variety of scientific instruments and calculations
- Able to lift 55# above head repeatedly throughout day
- Able to work with hazardous chemicals
- Must be responsible, punctual and dependable
- Perform job with and around moving machinery and with obstacles presentPlease apply to this position by filling out the form and attaching your resume at the bottom of the company page of our website. Link: http://swamphead.com/company/#employment