Wetlands Wizard Job Posting
The next person to join our team of Wetlands Wizards will be a passionate team member that will participate in facilitating an authentic Swamp Head experience for all visitors to our tasting room, The Wetlands.
We know that a visit to The Wetlands is often the pinnacle of our visitors’ week, and it is a Wetlands Wizard’s duty to ensure that this visit is on par with Swamp Head’s dedication to world class beer and quality of life. The Wizard will be an ambassador of the Swamp Head brand and will ensure that all of our visitors are welcomed into The Wetlands with with unprecedented service and smiles.
The responsibilities of a Wetlands Wizard can span many areas of the Wetlands, and will not stop at serving beer. Please read below for a list of required abilities and skills, and let us know if you think you are the new wizard we are looking for at The Wetlands!
General Duties and Responsibilities as a Wetlands Wizard
- Must enjoy beer and the culture of beer
- Serve customers quickly and efficiently and with a mind for professionalism and hospitality
- Must understand alcohol safety and the signs of intoxication and be able to use appropriate discretion in serving beer to customers
- Must be able to speak intelligently about Swamp Head beers and their various characteristics and ingredients
- Actively participate in the set up and clean up of the tasting room before and after every shift
- Be proactive in having a critical eye for trash, dirt, misplaced items, old signage etc. at all times in order to promote a clean work environment that is more enjoyable for both you and our guests
- Work with Tasting Room staff to manage the guest experience adhering to the hospitality standards of SHB at all times
- Interpersonal Skills: To maintain a harmonious work relationship between yourself, your coworkers and guests
- Adhere to health standards, safety practices, and standard operating procedures throughout every shift
- Communicate Tasting Room issues and status to the tasting room manager
Abilities and Skills
- Previous bartending/serving experience preferred
- Able to effectively manage time
- Able to stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Able to multi-task while being detail and quality focused
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Must be responsible and dependable
- Willing to pursue Cicerone Level 1 Certification upon hire
- Willing to pursue ServSafe Alcohol Certification upon hire
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Swamp Head Brewery is committed to designing and creating world-class beers while practicing both social and economical responsibility. The beers need not always conform to traditional styles or procedures so long as they help raise the benchmark for craft beer and Swamp Head.